DASA DevOps Product Owner
In a DevOps environment, the Product Owner is a critical leadership role and responsible for managing the full lifecycle of a product from concept to grave. The DASA DevOps Product Owner program expands on traditional agile product owner programs and deals with the extended set of requirements that a product owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities.
Why this DASA DevOps Product Owner training?
The program covers traditional Agile and Scrum concepts and capabilities in the context of DevOps. As a result, this training course is ideal for new and aspiring product owners and exciting for experienced product owners who are keen to understand how their role is evolving as a result of DevOps.
How does this program relate to other product owner certifications on the market?
- When you have acquired the required knowledge from this certification program, you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Agile and Scrum
- Understand the Scrum framework, including roles, events, the importance of backlog and the definition of done
- Understand the role of product owner
- Discuss the role and characteristics of a DevOps team
- Explain the main competencies of a product owner
- Describe what a product owner does in practice
- Explain a product owner’s work
- Discuss the importance of delivering value
- Identify product vision techniques
- Discuss how to engage and influence stakeholders to maximize value
- Outline various agile estimation techniques used by product owners
- Explain the role of product owner in managing product backlogs
- Discuss a few challenging situations faced by product owners
Who should attend?
The DASA DevOps Product Owner certification is primarily aimed at: existing product owners without certification, business and project managers, business information managers, operations managers and enterprise architects.
There are no prerequisites for this program. We recommend that participants should have completed DASA DevOps Fundamentals prior to joining the course but this is not a requirement. Familiarity with the basics of Agile, Scrum and DevOps is beneficial.
DASA DevOps Product Owner certification
DASA DevOps Product Owner certification is awarded on completion of the training course and passing the exam. DASA DevOps Product Owner exams are delivered by APMG and iSQI.
About the exam
Delivery Online and paper-based. Format Closed-book format and web-based. Proctoring Live/Webcam. Duration 60 minutes, 15 minutes additional time for non-native speaker candidates. Number of questions 40 simple multiple choice questions (MCQs). Pass grade 65%
About the DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA)
DASA is an open, global initiative that aims to advance DevOps competencies and professionalize the state of the practice. DASA has developed a competency model and training curriculum. We believe that the skills and attitude of team members and team leaders are essential to the creation of successful DevOps teams. For more information visit https://www.devopsagileskills.org/.