Prince 2 Practitioner
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management and is practiced worldwide. PRINCE2 is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for running a successful project regardless of project type or scale. PRINCE2 can be tailored to meet your organization or industry specific requirement.
Why take this PRINCE2 Practitioner training?
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether you understand PRINCE2 well enough to be able to apply and tailor the methodology in a scenario situation. You should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2 in your work environment will all be factors that impact what you can achieve.
What you will learn
- Understand the relationships between processes, themes, principles and PRINCE2® products and apply this understanding to a given project scenario.
- Demonstrate the reasons behind the processes and themes of PRINCE2®, and understand the principles underpinning these elements.
- Apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®.
- Apply and tailor PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario and different project circumstances.
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the project.
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results.
Who should attend?
This qualification is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members, Team Managers, Product Delivery Managers, Project Assurance, Project Support, Project and Programme Office personnel and operational line managers and staff.
In order to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification
Upon successful completion of the training and examination, students will receive the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification.