Prince 2 Foundation
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management and is practiced worldwide. PRINCE2 is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for running a successful project regardless of project type or scale. PRINCE2 can be tailored to meet your organization or industry specific requirement.
Why take this PRINCE2 Foundation training?
The PRINCE2 Foundation training course will provide students with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2 methodology including the seven processes, seven themes and seven principles central to running a project using the method. The successful completion of the PRINCE2 Foundation exam will give the delegate a recognized Foundation qualification. The Foundation level measures whether a student would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
What you will learn
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognized project management method.
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
Who should attend?
This PRINCE2 qualification is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
PRINCE2 Foundation certification
The purpose of the PRINCE2 Foundation certification is to confirm you know and understand the PRINCE2 method sufficiently well to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation certification is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner certification. Upon successful completion of the training and examination, students will receive the PRINCE2 Foundation certification.
You can also take this PRINCE2 Foundation training via eLearning
eLearning gives participants the opportunity to take courses at prices that are significantly lower than traditional, classroom-based courses. Our eLearning environment guarantees an efficient and result-oriented working method so that in a short space of time you can pass the exam and obtain the accompanying certification.
How does it work?
You register by selecting the eLearning option from the courses listed in the menu. Once you have paid by credit card, or after receiving the invoice, we send you the details you need to access your eLearning account. Upon successfully completing all the course components, you are ready to take the official exam.
- 90 days access to all course material
- The exam is included in the price and is taken online via a remote proctoring service